- 2 slices of white sourdough or crusty white farmhouse loaf
- 20g Lurpak® Lighter Spreadable
- 50g Mature Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- Salt & Freshly ground black pepper
Cheese and tomato sandwich
- Slice the bread and butter both sides with your Lurpak® Lighter Spreadable.
- Spread out the cheese slices and top with the tomatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with the second slice of bread and cut in half. Eat immediately.
Tips and tricks
Butter makes a great barrier between the bread and tomatoes - it stops the bread from going soggy.
Add a handful of peppery rocket to cut through the acidity of the cheese.
A sprinkle of sea salt will bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes.
Never keep tomatoes in the fridge. The flavour reduces if you store below 4℃.