- 100g Lurpak® Lighter Spreadable
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1.5g mussels
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Crusty bread to serve
Mussels with garlic and parsley
- Preheat a large, deep-sided pan with a lid over a medium heat. Add half the Lurpak® Lighter Spreadable and the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mussels then shake the pan so the mussels are covered in the garlic butter.
- Place the lid on the pan and cook the mussels for 5-8 minutes or until all the mussels have opened.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and remaining Lurpak® Lighter Spreadable. Give the mussels a final shake and serve with crusty French bread.
Tips and tricks
Add a little more Lurpak® at the end of cooking, for a rich and silky sauce.
Store your mussels in a bowl of cold water, covered with damp kitchen paper. They will last up to 2 days.
To find any dead mussels, squeeze the mussel between your fingers. If the mussel is alive it will close. If it does not, throw it away.
When the mussels are cooked, remove any that have not opened.
A great way of eating mussels is to use an empty shell. They work like a pair of small tongs and remove the mussel much more efficiently than a fork.
Check all the mussels before cooking and discard any that are broken or that don’t close when tapped.