- 3 Globe artichokes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100g Lurpak® Light Butter
Whole globe artichoke with lemon butter
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/ 160℃ fan/gas mark 6
- Trim the stalk of the artichokes and cut in half. Remove the choke then place the artichokes in a bowl of lemon water, using the juice of one lemon.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the artichoke halves from the bowl of lemon water, pat dry then lay them cut side up, in a roasting tray and dot with Lurpak® Light Butter.
- Squeeze with the remaining lemon juice and roast for 30-40 minutes until the artichokes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the lemon butter mixture from the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Whizz a garlic clove into your Lurpak® Light Butter for a further flavour hit.
Artichokes work well with Lurpak® Light Butter. The salty flavour of the butter complements the earthy flavour of the artichoke.
Stuffed artichokes are also delicious. Mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, Lurpak® Light and Parmesan and bake in foil.
Make sure you always submerge artichokes in water and lemon juice. They dis-colour very quickly.
Use a teaspoon to remove the fibrous ‘choke’ in the center of the artichoke.
When choosing an artichoke, squeeze it and the artichoke should ‘squeak’. If it does, it is fresh
Look for an artichoke with closed leaves. This will also mean that it is fresh.
Rather than boiling artichokes, steam them. This stops the artichoke from becoming water-logged.